- Saturday, January 12 – Woodridge – noon-3 PM
- Saturday, February 9 – GEPL – 11:30 AM-2:30 PM
- Saturday, March 9 – Woodridge – noon-3 PM
- Saturday, April 13 – GEPL 11:30 AM-2:30 PM
- Saturday, May 11 – Woodridge – noon-3 PM
- Saturday, June 8 – GEPL – 11:30 AM-2:30 PM
- Saturday, September 14 – Woodridge – noon-3 PM
Shakespeare Reader’s Theatre
The works of William Shakespeare are beautifully written, but many aren’t aware of how much fun they are to read and to act. Everyone old enough to read Shakespeare is welcome to join us—everyone present will have at least some part in the work (and maybe two or three ). No experience or preparation is needed (though it can be helpful to watch some free performances of the plays beforehand). We’re there to have fun, stretch ourselves a little, and enjoy the Bard’s great work. See https://writingjourney.org/events for advance information about which of the Bard’s plays we’ll be reading/acting.
- Saturday, February 16 – GEPL – 1-3 PM
Writer’s Voice Workshop
Your writer’s voice is the distinctive quality of your writing that characterizes it in the minds of those who read your works. Readers fall in love with their favorite authors’ writing voice and seek out their books. Becoming aware of your own writing voice is a helpful step towards mastering the craft of writing. This free three-hour workshop held at the Woodridge Public Library is designed to help you understand what your writer’s voice is. Registration is required; participation is limited to 18 people. Participants should bring paper and pen and/or their laptop computer as there will be writing exercises.
- Writer’s Voice: Saturday, June 15 – Woodridge – 1-4 PM