Bring your lunch, come out for the round-robin sharing (the first hour) and then participate in 1-2 planned workshops. Zoom links for these meetings are available upon request.
- Saturday, January 8 (noon-3 pm)
- Bring your lunch for the round robin introduction and info sharing. We’ll introduce everyone to the Journey and the major paths, brainstorm our program for 2021, and make plans for the year. There will be two workshops
- Intro to the Journey
- Flash fiction workshop (Tim Yao)
- Saturday, Feb 12 (noon-3 pm)
- Serial fiction workshop (Jenn Bauer)
- Habits, Readiness for Change (Leslie)
- Story Wall (Daniel McCullough)
- Saturday, March 12 (noon-3 pm)
- How to be mean to your characters (Tim, )
- Podcasting and Audio Production (Jennifer Smith & Nikki Green)
- Saturday, April 9 (noon – 3 pm)
- Author Websites (Jenn Bauer, Jenny Johnson)
- Saturday, May 14 (noon-3 pm)
- Saturday, June 11 (noon-3 pm)
- Saturday, September 10 (noon-3 pm)
- NOTE: All Journey events will be online-only for now, matching the NaNoWriMo policy.
Shakespeare Reader’s Theatre
The works of William Shakespeare are beautifully written, but many aren’t aware of how much fun they are to read and to act. Everyone old enough to read Shakespeare is welcome to join us—everyone present will have at least some part in the work (and maybe two or three ). No experience or preparation is needed (though it can be helpful to watch some free performances of the plays beforehand). We’re there to have fun, stretch ourselves a little, and enjoy the Bard’s great work.
- Saturday, Feb 19 1-3 PM
Writer’s Voice Workshop
Your writer’s voice is the distinctive quality of your writing that characterizes it in the minds of those who read your works. Readers fall in love with their favorite authors’ writing voice and seek out their books. Becoming aware of your own writing voice is a helpful step towards mastering the craft of writing. This free three-hour workshop is sponsored by the Woodridge Public Library and is designed to help you understand what your writer’s voice is. Registration is required–register here.Participation is limited to 18 people. Participants should bring paper and pen and/or their laptop computer as there will be writing exercises.
- Saturday, June 18, 1-4 PM